20 January 2007

Resolution...

At the beginning of the year, I had privately resolved to do a better job of keeping up with my blog. Now that it's the 20th of the month, I finally got around to it...and have discovered that I don't have much to say.

Lord, what a mess. Commitment with no urgency. Energy for the task, but not the eloquence to pull it off. More and more each day, I come to appreciate what Luther is after when he labels human beings "simul justus et peccator." It's not just a theological statement; it is true, practical and insightful anthropology. We are divided creatures whose intentions and actions rarely correspond with one another. (And sometimes, that's a good thing.)

"Wretched man that I am! Who can rescue me from this body of death?" See Romans 7:25 for the answer to that one.

No comments: