07 November 2005

Getting through Monday...

Low power today. Lot's to do. Not much energy to get it done.

Somehow, I need to learn how to let the disappointments slide off more easily. Not bury them or ignore them or dismiss them. That would be psychologically stupid. But learn what can be learned from them and then let 'em go. Most of the time, the things that I percieve as arrows and insults are not even intended for me. They're simply the by-product of someone's frustrations...and I happen to be the target conveniently located close by. It's one of the tougher parts of doing what I do for a living.

On the other hand, there is no shortage of deep joy in singing Isaiah 6 and Revelation 7 from behind the table each week. Indeed...we would be better, kinder, gentler with each other if we could remember in Whose presence we gather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Making it through Monday. Now let's go for Tuesday!