21 November 2005

What to be thankful for...

There's too much work piled on and around my desk. Thanks be to God for a good job.

There's too much fat packed around my mid-section. Thanks be to God for plenty to eat.

The dog insists on sleeping with her claws in my back. Thanks be to God for a warm bed under a solid roof.

We'll spend eight hours in the car later this week in order to "do" Thanksgiving with our families. Thanks be to God for families with which to celebrate.

Come to think of it, I have life so good that it's almost embarassing. Oh, sure. There are always things to complain about. But they pale in comparison to the fact that I woke up this morning...conscious and able to see another day. And I have a choice. I can spend this day complaining or I can live it in gratitude. The latter doesn't mean overlooking the frustrations and disappointments; it does mean not giving them a bigger place in my life than they deserve.

After all, God is good. Life is good. Not perfect, but good. There's a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: